Centering Prayer Ministry
Centering Prayer is a form of praying which focuses on God by clearing one’s mind and heart.
GOAL AND OBJECTIVES
Praying in this manner deepens the felt presence of God in daily life.
Participants in this ministry strive to:
- Become more patient, more loving, and more aware of God in daily life, eventually living in a state of contemplative prayer.
- Attend to the spiritual journeys of all who are interested.
- Stay in harmony with Contemplative Outreach.
- Centering Prayer groups, also known as Circles of Silence, meet Wednesdays evenings and Saturday mornings. In a quiet, spacious atmosphere, these groups practice Centering Prayer. Participants sometimes read and reflect on Bible readings using the Lectio Divina and also share aspects of their spiritual life.
- Occasional regional or worldwide speakers associated with Contemplative Outreach are publicized when local or brought to Mary, Seat of Wisdom.
- Workshops on Centering Prayer are occasionally offered in Park Ridge.
- Retreats are offered locally and worldwide through Contemplative Outreach. (Please visit ContemplativeOutreach.org for further information.)
The ministry offers participants:
- A time to experience quiet
- A chance to attend any of the weekly Centering Prayer groups
- An opportunity to read books or literature on Centering Prayer (Contact group leaders for suggestions.)
For more information contact Phil Jackson at the Wednesday evening Circle of Silence or Mary Ann Jackson at the Saturday morning Circle of Silence, or e-mail