“Welcoming Your Child” Baptism Preparation Ministry
The “Welcoming Your Child” Baptism Preparation Ministry prepares parents to more fully understand the Sacrament of Baptism as it blesses and welcomes their child into a community of faith by focusing on marriage and parenting as God’s call to holiness and by explaining the ceremony, symbolism, and procedures of the sacrament.
Goals and Objectives
The goals of the “Welcoming Your Child” Baptismal Program are to:
• raise parental awareness that their journey through parenthood is their path for responding to God’s call to holiness,
• increase awareness that the everyday tasks of parenting are sacred tasks which make way for God’s presence in the world,
• increase understanding that relationships which grow and change after the birth of a child are opportunities for God to be made present in daily life.
• Foster a greater understanding of the sacrament of baptism and the Catholic faith.
• Educate parents and godparents as to their roles in this extraordinary commitment.
• Explain specific details concerning the concerning the baptismal ceremony.
• Answer parents’ and godparents’ question concerning the baptismal rite.
Sessions will be made available to parents four times a year. Each session will be facilitated by a team of 2-3 couples and will be held in a parish facility.
To schedule participation in a Welcoming Your Child Parent Session, please contact the parish office at 847-825-3153.
For additional information regarding the Welcoming Your Child Parent Sessions, please contact Peg Barry at: