Sunday Suppers Ministry
The mission of the Sunday Suppers Ministry is to feed individuals and families at a weekly Sunday Supper at St. Luke's Lutheran Church, thus acting upon Christ's mandate to feed the hungry.
Goals and Objectives
The goal of the Sunday Suppers Minsitry is to provide a simple, hot meal to the needy. We serve those in need as followers of Christ. We see our Lord in those to whom we minister and model Him in our service.
The Sunday Suppers Ministry strives to:
- Increase volunteers' awareness of their relationship with Christ and the Catholic Church when they act as disciples of Christ.
- Bring volunteers together to decide on menus and division of tasks in order to cook and deliver food to the hungry in our geographic area.
- Provide guidelines and information to volunteers to enable them to be effective in accomplishing their tasks.
- Members annualy recruit individuals, parish orgamizations, and ministries for each MSW-sponsored Sunday Supper.
- We identify leaders for each Sunday to coordinate cash and food donations, prepare, deliver and sercve food to assist St. Luke's staff at the physical site.
- We collaborate with the on-site coordinating staff at St. Luke's throughout the year and at each MSW-sponsored supper to fulfill our commitment to work together in this ministry.
St. Luke's Lutheran Church is located at 205 N Prospect Avenue in Park Ridge.
For more information contact Carol Knoezer,