The mission of the Bereavement Ministry is to be a supportive presence to the families of the deceased by providing them emotional and spiritual support through the rituals of the Catholic Church.
Goals and Objectives
Our ministry leads bereaved families toward the Catholic liturgial tradition which offers reverence for death, and peace, grace, and hopefulness for those who remain. This ministry seeks to:
- Guide the grieving so that memories of the loved ones are united to the Resurrection and to our life on earth.
- Interact with clergy to provide liturgies and opportunities for worship for families of the deceased.
The Bereavement Ministry:
- Contacts families of the deceased prior to the burial and assists as needed in preparation of the funeral liturgy, wake services, etc.
- Plans special liturgy on All Souls' Day in rememberance of all parishioners who died the past year. Families are invited to participate in the service.
- Offers support for parishioners who have lost a loved one.
- Sponsors "Handling the Holidays," a support group where parishioners meet to discuss ways of coping with loss during the holiday season.
Contact the rectory at 847-825-3153 for additional information.