Reflecting the Parish Vision Statement which declares: "We choose to celebrate our relationship with Christ and the Church through prayerful and life-giving liturgy," the moission of the Sacristan Ministry is to support this vision so as to assist the community in its worship.
This ministry prepares the environment immediately before celebrations so that parishioners may experience prayerful and life-giving liturgies and may be drawn into the mystery of Christ.
- To provide organizational assistance before, during and after for all weekend liturgies, for the majoy Solemnities and Feasts, for Holy Week, and the Triduum
- To provide all elements needed for worship: bread, wine, vessels, linens, candles, books etc.
- To ensure all lectors, prayer leaders, and ministers of Communion are present and, if not, recruit extra ministers needed for the liturgy
- To provide last minute communication as needed for clergy, ushers, parishioners, ministers, musicians, and servers
- To implement last minute requests from the presiders as needed
- To communicate with the ataff on necessary repairs and restocking of liturgical supplies
- To assist with all preparation for the liturgies of Holy Week an despecially the Triduum
- To assist with overall coordination in Wisdom Hall and The Brian Barry Gym for Christmas Eve and Easter morning liturgies
- To provide any preparation and assistance needd for any special liturgies throughout the year, e.g., First Holy Communion, Confirmation, Feast of Mary, The Seat of Wisdom, etc.
Communicate via e-mail with the Liturgy Planning Committee, the clergy or the sacristan head.
Mary Ellen Jackson at