Liturgical Preparation and Celebration Ministry
The Liturgical Preparation and Celebration Ministry plans and coordinates details of all major liturgies on Sundays and Feast Days, setting the spirit for community worship according to the Church’s liturgical documents and calendar.
Goal and Objectives
This ministry draws parishioners into the mystery of Christ through liturgies that unite worshipers to one another in Christ and that energize them spiritually. This goal reflects the Parish Vision Statement which declares: “We choose to celebrate our relationship with Christ and the Church through prayerful and life-giving liturgies.”
The Ministry strives to:
- Increase liturgical ministers’ awareness of their relationship with Christ and the Church.
- Bring staff and leaders of liturgical ministries together to decide on themes and concerns.
- Assure that all liturgical ministries coordinate their functions in a harmonious manner.
- Provide guidelines and information to liturgical preparation teams to enable them to be more effective in accomplishing their tasks.
- Provide information and background to liturgical ministers for a deeper understanding of liturgical worship.
- Collaborate with other ministries in developing ways to enhance the liturgy of the Word.
- Coordinate Sunday liturgies, liturgical ministers, and sacristans.
- Plan themes and rituals for all liturgies.
- Assist liturgy planning teams by providing guidelines and information.
- Plan and conduct an annual dinner and evening of reflection for all liturgical ministers.
- Publicize liturgical matters for the parish at large.
For further information concerning this ministry, please contact