New Parishioners Welcome
The MISSION of the MINISTRY TO WELCOME NEW PARISHIONERS is to extend hospitality, a welcoming spirit of community, and to offer a deeper spiritual involvement in the parish.
The GOAL of the MINISTRY TO WELCOME NEW PARISHIONERS is to enhance the faith community, to strengthen attendance at mass, to provide avenues for involvement in parish ministries and activities for the entire family, and engage possible candidates for future leadership roles in the parish.
- Reach out on a personal level to help new parishioners and their families feel welcome, and provide a means for them to be recognized, greeted, and embraced by our parish community when they come to mass and/or join a ministry.
- Make information about our parish and its ministries available to new parishioners and encourage our new parishioners in active involvement in parish life.
- Provide an avenue for leadership succession.
1. A Parish Host will contact the new parishioner:
- Invite them to Mass
- Introduce them to activities for their children as appropriate
- Provide guidance/insight on Parish activities or ministries that might be of interest
- Identify opportunities for new parishioner/family to be introduced to other parishioners
- Provide the new parishioner with a Welcome Package
- If the new parishioner is interested, the Parish Host would contact the New Parishioner Welcome Ministry to arrange for the new parishioner to bring up the gifts at mass; have their picture in the bulletin and, quarterly, posted in the gathering space; have their house blessed, etc.
2. Follow-up will be conducted with the new parishioner and the Parish Host by the ministry.
For further information, please contact John Ciprian